Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Our Weekend - Mother's Day

While Kendall was gone on his annual golf trip in Lake Okoboji, Jake and I had a great one on one time for Mother's Day weekend. We stayed busy building homemade tents in the living room - which gave Jake the idea to have a camp out that night. We snuggled up on our homemade bed and watched a movie while eating popcorn. We enjoyed Sunday by doing a little grocery shopping, a trip to Target & Home Depot and lunch at Culver's. We had many laughs and most of all, making memories to last a life time.

I'm so lucky to be Jake's mommy. He's bright, intelligent, compassionate, funny, has the imagination that only one could hope for. Oh the list could go on and on. I thank God every day for being given the chance to be a Mom. It truly is the best job in the world.

Hope you Mom's had a wonderful day with whatever you choose to do. I was sad I couldn't spend the day with mine, but was happy both of my siblings were able too.

My gifts that Jake made at Daycare.

My gifts from Jake that were made at school.

Love him to the moon and back!

Enjoying tent making.

All set up for a movie and popcorn.

I am loved!
PS - Jake picked out the purple roses while we were grocery shopping.

Did a little painting.
Bought this sign for $5 and didn't like the brown wood color. Nothing a little spray paint won't cure.

Thought about painting Jake's rocker, but I think I may hold off.
I think it will look great on our front door step when we finish it off with fresh cut flowers.

No comments: