Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Weekend - At Home

We stayed close to home again this weekend. It feels really nice being able to say and do that. Our summer and fall was extremely busy so having weekends with "nothing" to do, feels GREAT!

On Saturday, we made a trip to Monticello to do a little shopping. Jake has outgrown his car seat so our first stop was Target for a new one. I'm still the over protective mom who thinks he still needs to be in a 5 point harness, but I know my boy and the first time he figures out the seat belt it won't be good. Plus he hasn't hit the 40 pound mark yet so really he shouldn't be using just a seat belt anyways in my eyes. I'm not sure if I read that some where or what? Either way, I'm happy with the booster seat we found and it fits him perfectly. {And when the time comes, the seat also allows the seat belt to be used in place of the 5 point harness.}

After our Target shopping, we headed to Culver's for a bite to eat. The place was packed. There was a gentleman who was set up in the front of the dining area playing his guitar and singing Christmas music. He did a wonderful job. Kendall walked Jake up there to tip the guy some money. It was cute. After our stomachs were filled, we made a quick stop at the theatre and Game Stop. Both places I needed to get gift cards for my nephews for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I will win the "Best" aunt award! :)

Once we got home, we enjoyed watching a couple movies. The first one, "Hall Pass" which by the way was hilarious! Every married couple should watch it. We had a few good belly laughs. The second movie we watched was, "Super 8." I'm normally not a big sci-fi movie watcher but this movie was great. I would watch it over again for sure. I'm still in shock that we made it through 2 movies without me falling asleep!

Yesterday, we had good intentions on going outside to enjoy the abnormal December temps but we ended up staying inside just hanging out. I made up some scalloped potatoes and ham for supper and finished up on our laundry. We were lucky we even took showers. I got all of our Christmas gifts wrapped and put under the tree. I even wrapped my gifts from Kendall and Jake. Of course, Kendall put my gifts in bigger boxes with 3 layers of packing tape so I couldn't look. Goof ball!

Hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend! Only 13 more days till Christmas!

No comments: